Subscribers can request an exchange to a different performance of the same play, so long as the request is submitted at least 2 working days prior to the original performance date.
Start a new online exchange request
Please note that submitting an online exchange request does not mean your exchange is confirmed. The Box Office will receive your request and respond within two days to confirm. No exchanges can be finalised until we receive proof that the original tickets are destroyed (such as a photo of the tickets torn in half).
What happens next?
After you have submitted your online exchange request form, our Box Office team will receive your request and respond within 2 business days to confirm the new tickets. If any costs apply (such as upgrade costs or exchange fees) we will contact you to arrange payment.
Proof of Destruction
If you did not attach proof of ticket destruction to the online exchange request form, please email a photo of your tickets torn in half to firstname.lastname@example.org as no exchange request can be finalised until this has been received.
The easiest way to provide proof of destruction is to use your phone to take a photo of the tickets torn in half. This photo can be attached to the online exchange request form, or can be emailed to us separately and directly from your phone.
Alternatively, the original tickets can be mailed back to us at 78 Montague Rd, SOUTH BRISBANE QLD 4101.
- A $3.50 per-ticket exchange fee applies except for 8 Play Package holders (who can exchange tickets for free)
- If your new tickets are more expensive than your original ones, you will be charged the difference in the ticket prices
- All exchanges are subject to availability
- All exchanges must be requested at least 2 business days prior to the originally scheduled performance (no exchanges are made within 48 hours of the original performance)
- Exchanges are not final until we confirm the new ticket allocation in the new performance
Locate your ticket number
You will need the ticket number of each ticket to submit an exchange request online. This is a unique number that identifies each individual ticket. The 6-digit ticket number is printed beneath the barcode on the right-hand-side of your ticket.
How to organise an exchange
Use this online exchange request form, visit us or post your tickets to 78 Montague Rd, South Brisbane Qld 4101.
If you require assistance you can phone us on 1800 355 528 or email email@example.com.