COVID-Safe at Queensland Theatre
Queensland Theatre is operating in accordance with Queensland Health advice — find out more.
Of course, things are always changing in the age of COVID-19 but the wellbeing of our visitors, artists, and staff is always a priority.
From 14 April 2022, you are no longer required to provide proof of your vaccination status to enter Queensland Theatre.
Our theatre is approved to operate at 100% capacity and masks are not mandatory.
Please be aware that there may be patrons occupying the seats directly beside, behind or in front of you during performance and we recommend you bring a mask with you for use where physical distancing is not possible.
It’s not just the actors that have a role to play now, we all have a part in ensuring the show goes on!
What you can do
Please abide by our Conditions of Entry and follow directions from our venue staff as required.
Stay home if you’re not feeling well
We’ll work with you to organise an exchange or credit voucher if you can’t attend.
- Our Ticketing Terms & Conditions have been updated to waive our usual exchange fees if you provide 6 hours notice or more.
- Please view our COVID-19 Terms and Conditions of Sale for full details.
Practice good hygiene
- Please wash your hands frequently.
- We also have plenty of hand sanitiser available for you to use throughout the venue, don’t be shy with the ‘sanny’.
- We encourage patrons to make payments at the bar by card.
Keep your distance
- Please maintain physical distance between yourself and other patrons, as well as our staff.
- Under Queensland Health advice, we are currently operating the theatre at 100% capacity.
Change happens, keep us informed
- Providing your most appropriate contact details when booking helps us get in touch as quickly as possible with any important updates regarding your performance.
- Providing details in advance of any access requirements you may have allows us to seat you appropriately.
What we’re doing
Queensland Theatre aims to provide a safe, friendly and relaxed theatre experience:
- we offer flexible ticket exchanges if you are unwell
- we continue to regularly clean all high touchpoints within the venue, including the foyer bar, seating, railings and bathrooms
E-tickets and contactless payments
Ticketing will be managed differently:
- We will be issuing e-tickets with your seating information closer to performances, rather than at the time of booking.
- Please have your mobile device ready to present to front-of-house staff as you enter the theatre.
- If you can’t print at home, our Box Office staff can assist on arrival.
- We have updated our Ticketing Terms & Conditions to waive our usual fees to make it easier for you to stay at home if you’re unwell.
Enhanced daily cleaning regimes
This includes frequent sanitisation of high touchpoints within the venue, including theatre seating, the foyer bar and seating, railings and bathrooms.
As part of our refurbishment of the Bille Brown Theatre in 2018, an all-new, high filtration air conditioning system was installed and will continue to operate at a full audience capacity setting to maximise ventilation in the space.
So while things will seem a bit different, our measures are designed to help everyone feel safe, relaxed and ready to enjoy amazing live theatre again.
We welcome your feedback for ways we can improve our COVID-Safe measures and look forward to seeing you here soon!
Last updated 4 July 2022.