- The sale of tickets and attendance of an Event are subject to these Terms and Conditions of Sale, the Queensland Theatre’s Conditions of Entry (see section below), the Live Performance Australia Code of Ticketing Practice (LPA Code) and any additional terms and confirmation notified at the time of ticket sale. Such terms apply to both the original purchaser / ticketholder and any subsequent ticketholders.
- By purchasing a ticket through Queensland Theatre or an authorised sales channel you acknowledge and agree to comply with those terms, by purchasing on behalf of some else you undertake the responsibility to inform them of those terms.
- Your purchase is sold by Queensland Theatre Company (ABN 27 822 967 021) through the Queensland Theatre on the behalf of the presenter(s).
- ‘Queensland Theatre’, ‘Queensland Theatre ticketing’, ‘Queensland Theatre ticketing services’ the ‘Company’, ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ means Queensland Theatre Company.
- ‘You’, ‘ticket purchaser’, ‘ticket buyer’ and ‘ticket holder’ means the person seeking to purchase or acquire a ticket to an Event, the person holding a ticket to an Event and the person seeking to attend an Event.
- ‘Event’ means a theatre performance or other show or performance arranged or presented by us for which we sell tickets.
- ‘Fully vaccinated’ means a person aged 16+ and who has had 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or has a medical exemption issued to the person.
- Venue means the place where the theatre performance or other show or performance is being held.
- ‘LPA Code’ means the Live Performance Australia Code of Ticketing Practice in effect at the time of ticket sale.
- ‘ALC’ means Australian Consumer Law.
- Queensland Theatre offers two types of ticket sales: single tickets and Season Ticket packages. Single tickets are identified as a standalone ticket purchase. A Season Ticket package is identified as multiple mainstage Events booked together in advance.
- In the COVID-19 Terms and Conditions of Sale, the term 'remedy' refers to either an exchange, credit voucher, refund or donation.
- We are a member of Live Performance Australia. We issue tickets to Events and liaise with consumers in accordance with the LPA Code.
- Queensland Theatre is:
- Following the Australia Government Department of Health and Queensland Health regarding COVID-19 and will continue to do so as the situation develops in Queensland and around the country.
- Operating in accordance with the COVID-Safe Industry Plan for Queensland Live Performance, Venues / Theatres.
- A member of Live Performance Australia (LPA), the national peak body for the live performance, we are also following the advice provided to all member organisations.
- By purchasing tickets to an Event, you agree to provide your contact details (full name, phone number and email or residential address) and the contact details of all accompanying ticket holders, except minors, for the purpose of contact tracing. Contact tracing details will be kept by Queensland Theatre for 56 days from the day of your Event. You acknowledge that we may be required by law to provide your contact tracing details to public health authorities on request. This information will only be shared with the relevant health authorities if required and will not be used for promotional purposes. If you do not provide valid details for contract tracing Queensland Theatre reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Upon arrival at the Venue all ticket holders agree to provide contact tracing details (if not done beforehand), abide by all social distancing, health protocols and instructions from venue staff. Anyone not abiding with these directives may be asked to leave the Venue immediately, without refund or further recourse.
- While we operate under COVID-19 restrictions all tickets will be e-tickets delivered via email or SMS. If you are unable to access e-tickets you must advise us at the time of purchase and we will arrange for you to collect your tickets at the box office in the 90 mins before your performance start time.
- Queensland Theatre encourages ticket holders who are feeling unwell with COVID-19 symptoms to notify the Queensland Theatre ticketing team, via phone or email as soon as possible prior to your Event.
- In these COVID-19 Terms and Conditions of Sale, the term 'remedy' refers to at least one of the following:
- Exchange – a ticket is exchanged for the same production on a different date, or a different production.
- Credit voucher – the price paid for the ticket is held in a credit against the ticket purchaser’s account or is transferred to a voucher for use towards another production ticketed through Queensland Theatre.
- Refund – the price paid for the ticket is returned to the ticket purchaser, via the original payment method.
- Donation – the ticket purchaser donates the ticket cost back to Queensland Theatre as tax-deductable gift.
- Queensland Theatre will provide a remedy if a ticket holder:
- is required to self-isolate or quarantine (and the Event falls within the isolation/quarantine period) with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or having close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or living in or having been in a high-risk area within Australia, or having returned from overseas.
- has COVID-19 symptoms, has been tested for COVID-19 and is awaiting test results (and the Event falls within the period of awaiting test results).
- is unable to attend due to border closures.
- is in a high-risk category or are caring for/living with a person who is in a high-risk category for COVID-19.
- is unable to attend the Event due to not meeting mandated government vaccination requirements. As a ticket holder for an Event during the vaccination mandate this means:
- You, and anyone accompanying you over the age of 16, will need to be fully vaccinated
- On arrival you will are required to register via the Check InQld app (if you do not have a smart phone and need to check in manually, our staff will be on hand to help) and provide proof of vaccination or medical exemption from vaccination.
- a COVID-19 digital certificate
- your immunisation history statement (IHS)
- an International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate for overseas travel
- Anyone unable to provide proof of vaccination or medical exemption will not be permitted to enter Queensland Theatre
- Unvaccinated children under 16 years are still able to attend but must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult
How to request a remedy:
- Remedy requests relating to COVID-19 Terms and Conditions of Sale, as per point 7, must be received by Queensland Theatre ticketing no later than 3 hours before your performance start time. For requests relating to Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale, refer points 25 through 29.
- To arrange requests relating to COVID-19 Terms and Conditions of Sale you must either phone Queensland Theatre ticketing and speak to a team member or leave a voicemail / email us including your name, contact number, performance date and remedy reasoning.
- You will not be eligible for a remedy if you contact us after your performance date and start time.
All ticket sales
- Tickets are only valid if purchased through Queensland Theatre or an authorised agent.
- Bookings and discounted ticket prices are subject to availability.
- We many impose a maximum ticket limit to all types of Event bookings. Queensland Theatre may refuse to accept orders or cancel without notice any orders which we believe are placed in excess of any such limits.
- Tickets sold on behalf of Presenters other than Queensland Theatre are subject to the terms and conditions applicable to the relevant Event.
- Queensland Theatre has the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, vary ticket prices, venue, advertised programs or audience capacity without notice with reasonable cause.
- All prices are quoted in Australian dollars and include GST where applicable. Your ticket is a tax invoice.
- A transaction fee may apply to your ticket purchase. You will be notified of all applicable fees prior to purchase.
- You acknowledge that you have the authority to make payment for your ticket and that you own/hold or have express permission of the owner/holder of the credit card or other payment facility used to purchase the ticket.
- If you are charged the incorrect ticket price, Queensland Theatre reserves the right to cancel and refund the amount you paid and offer a replacement ticket at the correct price, regardless of whether the error arose from advertising misprint, technical malfunction or human error.
- Where concession tickets are purchased you must provide the applicable, suitable and valid documentation at the time of booking. Failure to provide valid documentation will result in an upgrade fee on that ticket. Full or partial refunds are not available if you become eligible for a concession after you have booked.
- Delivery of tickets will only be made upon the receipt of full payment. Postage fees may apply.
- Prior to purchasing a ticket through Queensland Theatre’s website, you are required to register for a user account and to nominate a login (email address) and password.
- Where tickets are lost, stolen or misplaced, Queensland Theatre may require proof of identity and purchase prior to reissuing a replacement ticket. Replacement tickets will not be dispatched and must be collected from the box office at the performance.
- Tickets must not resold at a premium, packaged with other goods or services, offered as a prize or otherwise used for advertising, promotional or commercial purposes without Queensland Theatre’s prior written permission. Tickets may be cancelled, or orders may be refused in situations which Queensland Theatre deems are in breach of this condition, and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission to the ticketed event.
- The RACQ $20 Tickets offer is restricted to first-time Queensland Theatre ticket buyers who are also RACQ members. Ticket limits per Venue apply. If you have previously redeemed this offer the discount may be removed before checkout or the order cancelled after completion at the discretion of Queensland Theatre. One RACQ membership number is required per Venue ticket limit and no refunds apply for RACQ membership numbers supplied after booking.
- By naming someone other than yourself as Head Booker on your Season Ticket booking form you acknowledge that your designated Head Booker will be the point of contact for Queensland Theatre in the case of seating relocation or other contingencies.
Refunds and Exchanges
- All ticket sales are final, and tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged after purchase except as outlined in these Terms and Conditions of Sale, the LPA Code or otherwise as required by ACL and applicable state consumer laws.
- The original ticket purchaser is entitled to a refund if the relevant Event is cancelled or rescheduled before the Event, or is significantly relocated, or if we are unable to provide you with the Event in question.
- Any refund payable for a ticket will automatically be made to the original ticket purchaser, via the original payment method.
- Queensland Theatre Season Ticket holders are entitled to exchange tickets within their Season Ticket package. Exchanges from one performance date/time to another are permitted. Exchanges from one production to another are not permitted.
- Exchange requests must be received by Queensland Theatre ticketing at least 24 hours prior to your original performance and proof of destruction of the ticket/s must be supplied.
- When permitted, exchanges will incur a $5 per-ticket exchange fee, except for 8 Play Season Ticket package holders who receive complimentary exchanges.
- If exchanging to a more expensive performance, upgrade fees will apply. For more information, visit the Season Ticket exchange page on our website. Single ticket buyers are able to exchange their tickets subject to availability and at the discretion of Queensland Theatre, Exchange requests must be received by Queensland Theatre ticketing at least 24 hours prior to your original performance and proof of destruction of the ticket/s must be supplied. When permitted, single ticket exchanges will incur a $12 per-ticket exchange fee.
- Events will commence promptly at the advertised time. Queensland Theatre reserves the right to admit latecomers only if/when there is a suitable break in the Event, and to relocate seating. Management reserves the right to refuse admission; this policy is to prevent disruption to other patrons and the Event.
- Gift vouchers are an annual season certificate valid for tickets to Queensland Theatre productions. Vouchers can only be used to purchase tickets through Queensland Theatre ticketing services, they are not valid for use through other ticketing agents. Vouchers for one season are not transferable to the subsequent season. Vouchers are not refundable for cash.
- All persons under 18 must be accompanied by an adult whilst at the Venue.
- Cameras and other recording devices are not permitted, unless where explicitly allowed. We reserve the right to request the deletion of any unauthorised photos or recordings.
- Electronic devices, including mobile phones must be put on silent upon entry to the theatre to avoid disruption to the Event.
- Merchandise will not be refunded or exchange, unless required by ACL.
- If content warnings are not available at the time of purchase, they will be made available no later than two weeks prior to the Event. Once available they will be published on the Queensland Theatre / Presenter
- These Terms and Conditions of Sale may be updated at any time. Variations and come into effect immediately after their publication on Queensland Theatre website and apply to any purchases made after that date.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions of Sale is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be disregarded to the extent of its invalidity and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
Queensland Theatre has an approved COVID-Safe venue plan and our conditions of entry have been updated to reflect this. The following will apply as long as Queensland Health require COVID-Safe plans to be activated.
COVID-19 conditions of entry
Visitors are not permitted to enter Queensland Theatre if you:
- are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever)
- have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (during the period of time in which the virus is contagious)
- are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19
- reside with anyone who is awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19
- have returned from international travel and failed to observe the government requirement to quarantine for 14 days.
Visitors who are not subject to any of the above conditions for exclusion must be willing and able to agree to the following requirements to:
- leave the site immediately if they become unwell, after notifying a staff member
- maintain social distancing measures at all times (as per Queensland Health guidelines) with respect to other visitors and staff
- maintain good personal hand hygiene by washing your hands regularly and thoroughly and/or using hand sanitiser
- maintain good respiratory hygiene by coughing or sneezing into your elbow or a tissue, and then disposing of tissues immediately
- provide Queensland Theatre with your name and contact details, and consent to Queensland Theatre providing those details to the Queensland Department of Health or any other third-party government department, as required, to enable contact tracing procedures.
- respond accurately to the following questions if asked by venue staff:
- Are you or anyone you live with currently undergoing testing or awaiting results for COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone you live with tested positive for COVID-19 and have not been medically cleared as non-contagious?
- Do you have any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever)?
Standard conditions of entry
Attendance at an event and the right of admission is reserved by Queensland Theatre. By attending an event at Queensland Theatre, you agree to the following conditions of entry:
- bags and possessions may be inspected prior to admission
- the use of photographic or recording devices of any kind is not permitted
- no outside food is to be consumed on the premises
- you may be refused entry or required to leave the venue if you do not comply with these conditions of entry. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded in these circumstances, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law)
- if you are 15 years or younger, you must always be accompanied by an adult (18yrs+). The accompanying adult assumes all responsibility for your care and safety whilst at the venue
- acknowledge the right of Queensland Theatre to refuse entry or request your departure from our sites at any time and for any reason
- at all times, treat staff and other visitors with respect.