The sale of tickets and attendance of an Event are subject to these Terms and Conditions of Sale, Queensland Theatre’s Conditions of Entry, the Live Performance Australia Code of Ticketing Practice (LPA Code) and any additional terms and confirmation notified at the time of ticket sale. Such terms apply to both the original purchaser/ticket holder and any subsequent ticketholders.
By purchasing a ticket through Queensland Theatre or an authorised sales channel you acknowledge and agree to comply with those terms, by purchasing on behalf of someone else you undertake the responsibility to inform them of those terms.
Your purchase is sold by Queensland Theatre Company (ABN 27 822 967 021) through the Queensland Theatre on the behalf of the presenter(s).
‘Queensland Theatre’, ‘Queensland Theatre ticketing’, ‘Queensland Theatre ticketing services’ the ‘Company’, ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ means Queensland Theatre Company.
‘You’, ‘ticket purchaser’, ‘ticket buyer’ and ‘ticket holder’ means the person seeking to purchase or acquire a ticket to an Event, the person holding a ticket to an Event and the person seeking to attend an Event.
'Authorised ticket seller' means us or a person authorised by us to supply tickets to an Event.
‘Event’ means a theatre performance or other show or performance arranged or presented by us for which we sell tickets.
‘LPA Code’ means the Live Performance Australia Code of Ticketing Practice in effect at the time of ticket sale.
‘Venue’ means the place where the theatre performance or other show or performance is being held.
Queensland Theatre offers two types of ticket sales: single tickets and Season Ticket packages. Single tickets are identified as standalone ticket purchases. A Season Ticket package is identified as multiple mainstage Events booked together in a package in advance.
We are a member of Live Performance Australia. We issue tickets to Events and liaise with consumers in accordance with the LPA Code.
ALL TICKETS SALES
- Tickets are only valid if purchased through Queensland Theatre or an authorised agent.
- Bookings and discounted ticket prices are subject to availability.
- We may impose a maximum ticket limit to all types of Event bookings. Queensland Theatre may refuse to accept orders or cancel without notice any orders which we believe are placed in excess of any such limits.
- Tickets sold on behalf of Presenters other than Queensland Theatre are subject to the terms and conditions applicable to the relevant Event.
- Queensland Theatre has the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, vary ticket prices, venue, advertised programs or audience capacity without notice with reasonable cause.
- All prices are quoted in Australian dollars and include GST where applicable. Your ticket is a tax invoice.
- A transaction fee may apply to your ticket purchase. You will be notified of all applicable fees prior to purchase.
- You acknowledge that you have the authority to make payment for your ticket and that you own/hold or have the express permission of the owner/holder of the credit card or other payment facility used to purchase the ticket.
- If you are charged the incorrect ticket price, Queensland Theatre reserves the right to cancel and refund the amount you paid and offer a replacement ticket at the correct price, regardless of whether the error arose from advertising misprint, technical malfunction or human error.
- Where concession tickets are purchased you must provide the applicable, suitable and valid documentation at the time of booking. Failure to provide valid documentation will result in an upgrade fee on that ticket. Full or partial refunds are not available if you become eligible for a concession after you have booked.
- Delivery of tickets will only be made upon the receipt of full payment.
- Prior to purchasing a ticket through Queensland Theatre’s website, you are required to register for a user account and to nominate a login (email address) and password.
- Where tickets are lost, stolen or misplaced, Queensland Theatre may require proof of identity and purchase prior to reissuing a replacement ticket. Replacement tickets will not be dispatched and must be collected from the box office at the performance.
- Tickets must not be resold at a premium, packaged with other goods or services, offered as a prize or otherwise used for advertising, promotional or commercial purposes without Queensland Theatre’s prior written permission. Tickets may be cancelled, or orders may be refused in situations that Queensland Theatre deems are in breach of this condition, and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission to the ticketed Event.
- By naming someone other than yourself as Head Booker on your Season Ticket booking form you acknowledge that your designated Head Booker will be the point of contact for Queensland Theatre in the case of seating relocation or other contingencies.
- All ticket sales are final, and tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged after purchase except as outlined in these Terms and Conditions of Sale, the LPA Code or otherwise as required by ACL and applicable state consumer laws.
- The original ticket purchaser is entitled to a refund if the relevant Event is cancelled or rescheduled before the Event, or is significantly relocated, or if we are unable to provide you with the Event in question.
- Any refund payable for a ticket will automatically be made to the original ticket purchaser, via the original payment method.
- All exchanges are subject to availability and are at the discretion of Queensland Theatre.
- If exchanging for a more expensive performance type, upgrade fees will apply.
- Exchanges are not final until Queensland Theatre has issued a confirmation notice of your new tickets.
- Exchanges within the same performance season are permitted. Exchanges from one production season to another production season are not permitted.
- Season Ticket holder exchange requests must be received by Queensland Theatre ticketing at least 24 business hours prior to your original performance date and proof of destruction of the ticket/s may be required. When permitted, Season Ticket exchanges will incur a $5 per-ticket exchange fee, except for 8 Play Season Ticket package holders who receive complimentary exchanges.
- Single ticket exchange requests must be received by Queensland Theatre ticketing at least 24 business hours prior to your original performance and proof of destruction of the ticket/s must be supplied. When permitted, single-ticket exchanges will incur a $12 per-ticket exchange fee.
- Events will commence promptly at the advertised time. Queensland Theatre reserves the right to admit latecomers only if/when there is a suitable break in the Event, and to relocate seating. Management reserves the right to refuse admission; this policy is to prevent disruption to other patrons and the Event.
- Gift vouchers are an annual season certificate valid for tickets to Queensland Theatre productions. Vouchers can only be used to purchase tickets through Queensland Theatre ticketing services, they are not valid for use through other ticketing agents. Vouchers for one season are not transferable to the subsequent season. Vouchers are not refundable for cash.
- All persons under 18 must be accompanied by an adult whilst at the Venue.
- Cameras and other recording devices are not permitted, unless where explicitly allowed. We reserve the right to request the deletion of any unauthorised photos or recordings.
- Electronic devices, including mobile phones, must be put on silent upon entry to the theatre to avoid disruption to the Event.
- Merchandise will not be refunded or exchanged unless required by ACL.
- If content warnings are not available at the time of purchase, they will be made available no later than two weeks prior to the Event. Once available they will be published on the Queensland Theatre / Presenter website.
- These Terms and Conditions of Sale may be updated at any time. Variations come into effect immediately after their publication on the Queensland Theatre website and apply to any purchases made after that date.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions of Sale is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be disregarded to the extent of its invalidity and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
Standard conditions of entry
Attendance at an event and the right of admission is reserved by Queensland Theatre. By attending an event at Queensland Theatre, you agree to the following conditions of entry:
- bags and possessions may be inspected prior to admission
- the use of photographic or recording devices of any kind is not permitted
- no outside food is to be consumed on the premises
- you may be refused entry or required to leave the venue if you do not comply with these conditions of entry. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded in these circumstances, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law)
- if you are 15 years or younger, you must always be accompanied by an adult (18yrs+). The accompanying adult assumes all responsibility for your care and safety whilst at the venue
- acknowledge the right of Queensland Theatre to refuse entry or request your departure from our sites at any time and for any reason
- at all times, treat staff and other visitors with respect.