Calling all theatre makers!
The door is open.
DOOR 3 marks the entrance to the Diane Cilento Studio — Queensland Theatre’s up-close and intimate venue whose namesake was a beloved actress and patron of the arts.
In 2024, DOOR 3 will also become an entry-point for three Queensland-based theatre collectives to stage three bold and blistering independent theatre works in three sharp seasons in the Diane Cilento Studio.
Be it a bold new Australian play ready for its debut, an extant script that needs to be seen or a re-tuned lo-fi classic ripe for reimagining — the space is all yours.
Queensland Theatre will be here for support — through rehearsal and production — but the important thing is that this is your space and your work to own. We’re after rigorous and robust theatrical work for this pilot program, with a story that is burning to be told.
The DCS was the first place we developed our show I WANT TO KNOW WHAT LOVE IS.
From little spaces, big things grow!
Daniel Evans & Amy Ingram, The Good Room
- $5000 Investment from Queensland Theatre
- 100% of Box Office*
- 6 weeks of space
- 1 x Production Coordinator (4 weeks)
- 1 x Venue Technician (3 weeks)
- Up to 32 hours (eg: 4 x 8 hour shifts) Technical Support for Bump-In
- Standard Lighting and Sound Rig
- In-kind marketing support
- Ticketing, Box Office, and Front of House staff provided for standard operating hours
- Queensland Theatre will provide ticketing services
- Access to Queensland Theatre’s furniture, prop and wardrobe stock (subject to availability)
*Less inside charges
- DOOR 3 is open to Queensland-based individuals, collectives and/or companies.
- In its pilot year, DOOR 3 will favour text-based theatre.
- A strong clearly-articulated scenic and technical vision alongside a creative team who is well-placed to execute this vision.
- DOOR 3 shows must be One Act and run without Interval.
- We envision that DOOR 3 is a season of new productions. Return seasons, or works that have had a significant previous showcase opportunity will be considered (and are encouraged to apply) however the application will need to address how a DOOR 3 season might enhance or benefit you/ your team and the work.
How to Apply
Applications have now closed. The successful Presenting Companies will be notified by Wednesday 7 February 2024.
Proudly supported by
Still have questions? Please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org